What Personal Information About Customers Does the Website Store?
- The information we collect from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience. Below is listing of type of information we store.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but in choosing to do so, you will not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for purposes such it as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like most web sites, we use "cookies," to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Website
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you register your e-mail with us. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Yes, cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize yours and to provide features such as personalized advertisements on other web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does the Website Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that PILATES OF WESTON INC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of PILATES OF WESTON INC and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Website, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information Is My Personal Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
The Website gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the website for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Website features as Wish List and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on our website and when so do, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
Are Children Allowed to Use the Websites?
The Website does not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit the Website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Florida. If you have any concern about privacy relating to the Websites, please email email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly and we may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us.
We collect information from you when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through the Websites; provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; or provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; and content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; search results and links, including paid listings; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at the Websites include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts and newsletters); shopping lists and My Account (including your product Reviews, personal profile, and Wish List).